«

»

Dec 01

Can you have an allergic reaction to marijuana?

Concern by Bethan George: Can you have an allergic response to cannabis?
My loved ones member utilizes health care cannabis to offer with serious persistent migraines, and she has been for the past 12 months. Today she tried a distinct model then she commonly has and about an hour later on her glands started out to swell and she now has soreness in her throat along the traces of her glands. We are not certain what to believe? Any ideas? recommendations? Is this an allergic reaction?

Best response:

Answer by Gaijin
It seems like an allergic response to anything that may have been sprayed on the cannabis.Any allergy to weed would have demonstrated up by now.Have her check with the dispensary if they used something on their crop.

Incorporate your very own solution in the feedback!

5 comments

Skip to comment form

  1. pepe le pew

    this is a classic anaphylactic triad of symptoms,,,your sibling has what many altcare physicians feel is migraine due to allergy,one or more among the fods she eats ,or craves,may be the trigger,plus,pet dander,nold,dust,chemicals,which are contained in 2 page menus on contents labels of soaps,varnishes,polishes,toothpaste,,,,,doctors are clueless in seeing the patient as sickened and ill because of the accumulation of,food,air,waterborn chemicals,dyes,perfumes.

    the drs are in a hurry,either prescribing pills,usually nor much help,or suggesting she sees a psychiatrist,the hooch she recently bought,may have been cut with some quantity of herb that is toxic,or chemicals used as insecticides,,,,your health,the ads on the net,v,radio for fixes,there are a zillion ovem,,,,,is largely your own obligation,insurance companies ,and doctors do not wish to be of much help with drs time,vs technologically intensive,
    diseases ike hers,motor neuron disease,fibromyalgia,addhd,LD,ptsd get short shrift from the medical people

  2. Samia

    Yes, since she is taking a different type. That may be it, or, maybe she is used to the other one.

  3. Rajinder

    The most visible thing about sinus is swelling. The following works for simple cold, running nose, sore throat and strep throat, when the throat is hurting.

    The easiest way to control swelling is to give up water and all other liquids for 24 hours. In 24 hours there will be no significant dehydration to cause organ failure. But to be double sure one can stay indoors for 24 hours.

    Now if you decided to try it the next problem is that one who is used to drinking water or other liquids feel thirsty quite often. They find it very difficult to manage without water for more than 6 hours. For that follow one of the following routines. The option 1 is better then 2 and 2 is better then 3.

    1). Start drinking 1 glass of water 1 hour before each meal. So in all there will be 3 glasses of water in 24 hours. Give up all other liquids. After 3-4 days this will help u to stay without water for 24 hours or more.

    2). Start drinking 2 glasses of water with 1/2 spoon of salt 1 hour before each meal. (Those with very high blood pressure – may do so at their own risks. But others who do not suffer from very high blood pressure may do so by taking their blood pressure every day). After 4-5 days you can stay without water for 24 hours or more without water and other liquids.

    3). First thing in the morning drink tea (on empty stomach). It should be normal tea not too strong nor too light. One should not take anything with tea. No water or anything before or after tea for atleast 2 hour. Tea on empty stomach leaves a bitter taste in mouth. Resist drinking water or any other liquid for next 3-4 hours. After this the bitter taste will be gone. AFter this there will be no thirst signals. For the next 48 hours there will be enough fluid in your mouth and food pipe. You can eat your normal meals minus any liquids for next 24 hours. This will resolve all health issues including poor digestion.

    In 24 hours the reduction in the fluids will be about 3 litres or about 5% of the total body weight of a normal adult.

    Never the swelling due to sinus or cold and cough is more than 5% of the body volume.

    During this period of 24 hours the lose of water from the body does not reduce even by 1% to offset reduced water intake.

    The reduction in loss of body water thru urine or sweating starts after 48 hours in most of people. But to be on safe side giving up water and liquids for 24 hours will do the trick.

    The reduced swelling will give immediate relief from pain. It will make is much more easier to eliminate the cough thru nose without any pain.

    That will also improve the blood acid levels by about 10%. This makes changes at the cell level as well. Blood acid levels are the first line of defense against the infections.

    So swelling gone, pain gone, cough moving out, infections taken care of. Now what remains in the body for the next change of season time. Obviously nothing.

    So it has already given u long term relief from sinus. But in some cases one may get sinus during next change of season and may have to do this again. The reason is during change of season the body must adjust the water that is stored in the body. Due to some cell level changes the ability of the body to bring those changes is lost. But after 2-3 seasons that ability of the body will be restored and there will be complete relief from sinus.

    You may refer to Kole on yahoo answers. He posted that he got lot of relief. You may check his comment on my best answers of 14.8.2011

    To decide whether the above is right or not, you may comment whether u are in the habit of regularly drinking water and other liquids or out of work or other reasons u remain without water and other liquids for long periods of time. Those who are very regular in drinking water and other liquids are more prone to sinus and related complications. People who are extremely dehydrated are also very likely to face sinus and related complications. Those who are on and off with water are not likely to face this sinus thing.

  4. ~ . White Tiger . ~

    It is unlikely that she is allergic to the weed if she has been smoking it for a year. Most likely, the allergy would have shown up before this. It’s possible the brand of medical she was smoking contained pesticides or other chemicals such as Miracle Grow used in the growing process and has been poisoned by it. These types of chemicals should never be used in anything that you smoke. I would suggest that she go to the doctor to try and identify what she is having an allergic reaction to, and if it turns out that the dispensary is selling you poisoned weed, I would suggest you report the crap out of them.

    Answer mine?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110829135524AATXTBj

  5. Mike Deller

    Marijuana is a weed, and like other weeds, may cause allergies. When we think of weed allergy, we typically think of the cause being airborne pollen, although various studies have shown that pollen allergens can be present in other parts of plants. A recent study documented people experiencing various allergic reactions to marijuana, from hay fever caused by smoking pot to anaphylaxis from consuming a tea made from marijuana. Skin testing to an extract made from marijuana buds and flowers was positive.

Comments have been disabled.